Call for Application for Stipendium Hungaricum Dissertation Scholarship for doctoral students graduating in the spring semester of the 2023/2024 academic year >>>
Information day about the application process of individual student applications for the Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship for the 2023/2024 academic year >>>
Request form for statment of the supervisor (PhD studies) >>>
The Stipendium Hungaricum online application system for the 2023/2024 academic year is now open! Deadline: 24th of January 2024
The Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship online application system for the 2023/2024 academic year is now open! Deadline: 31st of January, 2024
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government. The Programme is managed by Tempus Public Foundation. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.
The programme is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the Ministries responsible for education in the sending countries/territories and Hungary or between institutions. Currently around 70 Sending Partners are engaged in the programme throughout 5 different continents and the geographical scope of the programme is spreading each year.
The amount of the scholarship in doctoral studies 140 000 HUF/person/month in the first two years/during the training-research period and 180 000 HUF/person/month during the second two years/cycle/ the research-dissertation period.
Allowances provided for the scholarship holder
- a) exemption from paying tuition fees;
- b) student hostel room/bed depending on the capacity of the higher education institution or 40,000HUF/month accommodation allowance for 12 months of the year during the whole period of full-time programmes or for the duration of the partial studies;
- c) health care services defined by point i) of section (1)of Paragraph 16 of the Act 53/1997 on the Eligibility for Social Security Benefits and Private Pensions and the Funding for These Services, as well as the reimbursement of the costs justified in case of health care services in a foreign language (e.g. interpreting) and an additional insurance for health care services in a foreign language for up to 65 000 HUF/year;
- d) use of library services free of charge.
More about the programme >>>
How to apply for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship? >>>
- Doctoral studies can be started only having acceptable MSc degree, which will be controlled by the Educational Authority.
- Applicants are required to contact the chosen supervisor before they submit their application. The supervisor’s support is obligatory!
- Here are the list of the available topics and supervisors, applicants can contact directly >>>
- The examination process follows the selection procedure. During the examination process the applicants have to take part an entrance interview via Skype organised by the Doctoral School until 30th of April.
- No information can be given about the awarded scholarship until the final decision of Tempus Public Foundation.
Online application system
- To-do list for SH Students >>>
- Sending partners >>>
- Study finder >>>
- Operational regulations >>>
- Plan your studies, useful information (cost of living, accommodation, culture, health care and insurance etc) >>>
- Budapest Public Transportation >>> | Trip Planner from Airport to University >>>