Library and Archives
The university library is the only library in the country specialized in physical education and sports. It is dedicated to collecting books and magazines from different fields of sports, physical education, sport pedagogy, sport management and recreation, published in Hungary or abroad.
The university devotes substantial finances to acquiring international books and magazines deemed important in sport pedagogy and research. Our digital library supplies physical education and sport science professionals of the country with adequate reference literature. The collection includes books, journals, articles, theses, videos and photos. Furthermore, the library offers several important databases, like EBSCO, as well as some special collections related to sports and medical sciences to support research at all levels.
Besides the open access databases, like, DART-Europe, De Gruyter Open, DOAB, DOAJ, IC Journal Master List, IC Search Articles, INSEP and JournalSeek, the library offers a wide array of other resources, like Academic Search Complete, databases of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, ScienceDirect Scopus, SpringerLink, WOS, Podium Standard (Gracenote), ProQuest, PsycINFO and SPORTDiscus.
The library provides all available support to help anyone in our campus community, including international students and faculty.
- Director of Library: +36-1-487-9235
- Information desk: +36-70-378-6868
Online catalogue: click here to enter! Changing the language of the user interface from hungarian to english:
- click on “Beállítások”
- click on “Nyelv”
- select “English”
- push the button labelled “Mehet” for confirmation.
Information desk, Circulation (the stack-room’s closing time is 30 minutes earlier!)
- Monday – 10:00-18:00
- Tuesday – 9:00-17:00
- Wednesday – 9:00-17:00
- Thursday – 9:00-17:00
- Friday – 9:00-15:00
Rules of registration and using the Library
- I. The library services are free for students, professors, employees of the University, and for pensioners, employees of the cultural sector, teachers, persons over 70 and disabled people.
- II. Daily tickets (except for the I. category)
- day pass (reading room only): 800 HUF
- internet pass: 500 HUF
- daily combined ticket: 1000 HUF (access to the library and the internet)
- III. Registration fees (except for the I. category)
- Library cards
- for students1: 1000 HUF/semester
- for students1: 1500 HUF/school year
- full price for a semester2: 2000 HUF
- full price for a school year2: 3000 HUF
- pensioners, registered unemployed, maternity leave on for one school year: 1000 HUF
- Internet cards
- for students1: 1500 HUF/semester
- for students1: 3000 HUF /school year
- full price for a semester2: 10 000 HUF
- full price for a school year2: 15 000 HUF
- pensioners, registered unemployed, maternity leave on for one school year: 1500 HUF
- Combination tickets
- for students1: 3500 HUF /school year
- full price for a school year2: 16 000 HUF
- pensioners, registered unemployed, maternity leave on for one school year: 2000 HUF
- Library cards
- IV. Other fees
- Fine Amount Per Day Per Book (in case of books borrowed for 1, 2 and 4 weeks): 20 HUF/day/book
- For night loan: 500 HUF/hour
- New library card (in case of loss): 300 HUF
- Black and white photocopies: 30 HUF/page
 other university’s students,  everyone else not mentioned above
- use of reading-rooms,
- borrowing of documents determined in regulations,
- use of online databases via Internet,
- making photocopy of determined documents (for payment),
- inter-library loaning,
- by order making Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI), literary research and polling on-line databases (for payment)
Journals in our library: click here!
EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) provides access to an institution’s entire collection via a single, customizable entry point.
Subscribed database usage is only allowed on university computers:
- Academic Search Complete is the world's most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. (Click on EBSCOhost Research Databases then select the database!)
- Akadémiai folyóiratgyűjtemény (journal package) - Akadémiai Kiadó, founded in 1828, is a leading STM publisher of Central-Europe. They offer a wide range of high-quality, peer-reviewed journals.
- Food Science Source is an extensive full-text database designed to support the informational needs of the food industry at all levels. This collection offers unmatched full-text coverage of information relevant to many areas that are integral to the food industry. (Click on EBSCOhost Research Databases then select the database!)
- Podium Standard (Gracenote) is a well-designed dashboard with several functionalities to enhance performance analysis, and more. The application covers all international sport results final rankings in almost any professional sport. (If you want use this database, please ask the librarian.)
- SpringerLink is the world's most comprehensive online collection of scientific, technological and medical journals, books and reference works.
- Web of Science is a bibliographic database. With the Web of Science platform, you can access an unrivalled breadth of world-class research literature linked to a rigorously selected core of journals and uniquely discover new information through meticulously captured metadata and citation connections.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global is the most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses in the world.
- PsycINFO database, American Psychological Association’s (APA) renowned resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations, is the largest resource devoted to peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health. (Click on EBSCOhost Research Databases then select the database!)
- ScienceDirect is Elsevier’s leading platform of peer-reviewed scholarly literature. ScienceDirect combines authoritative, full-text scientific, technical and health publications with smart, intuitive functionality so that users can stay informed in their fields and can work more effectively and efficiently.
- Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings
- SportDiscus with Full Text is the world's most comprehensive source of full text for sports and sports medicine journals, providing full text for 550 journals indexed in SPORTDiscus. This authoritative file contains full text for many of the most used journals in the SPORTDiscus index - with no embargo. (Click on EBSCOhost Research Databases then select the database!)
Free online databases:
- DART-Europe is a partnership of research libraries and library consortia who are working together to improve global access to European research theses.
- DOAJ is a community-curated online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals.
- PubMed comprises more than 27 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
- SURF Contains SPOLIT (publications), SPOFOR (projects), SPOMEDIA (audio-visual media) and the “Fachinfoführer Sport” (internet resources). In addition, you can search other external data collections at the same time to complete your results list.
If you have a library card, we offer you several ebooks about sport sciences, for example sports medicine, biomechanics or sport recreation. Click here for the complete list. After clicking on the titles, you can access the full text of the book directly at EBSCO, but a registration is needed for ProQuest.
Journals related to sport on the internet: click here!
- Sport site of the European Union
- International Olympic Committee
- Olympic Museum (Lausanne)
- Zentralbibliothek der Deutschen Sporthochschule (Köln)
- Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC)
- Bundesinstitut für Sportwissenschaft
- International Association for Sports Information