Library and Archives
Library and Archives
The university library is the only library in the country specialized in physical education and sports. It is dedicated to collecting books and magazines from different fields of sports, physical education, sport pedagogy, sport management and recreation, published in Hungary or abroad.
The university devotes substantial finances to acquiring international books and magazines deemed important in sport pedagogy and research. The collection includes books, journals, articles, theses, videos and photos. Furthermore, the library offers several important databases, like EBSCO, as well as some special collections related to sports and medical sciences to support research at all levels.
Besides the open access databases, like, DART-Europe, De Gruyter Open, DOAB, DOAJ, IC Journal Master List, IC Search Articles, the library offers a wide array of other resources, like Academic Search Complete, databases of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, ScienceDirect, Scopus, SpringerLink, WOS, ProQuest and SPORTDiscus.
The library provides all available support to help anyone in our campus community, including international students and faculty.
- Information desk: +36-1-488-1551
- Secretary of library: +36+70-176-6658
Information desk, Circulation (the stack-room’s closing time is 30 minutes earlier!)
- Monday: 9am-5pm
- Tuesday: 9am-5pm
- Wednesday: 9am-5pm
- Thursday: 9am-5pm
- Friday: 9am-3pm
Rules of registration and using the Library
The library services are free for students, professors, employees of the University, and for pensioners, employees of the cultural sector, teachers, persons over 70 and disabled people.
Registration fees, charges and services
- Registration fees
- Students: free
- Employees: free
- Other free user: free
- External students: 2000 HUF
- External users (any Hungarian citizen over the age of 18): 4000 HUF
- Discount user: 2000 HUF
- Daily ticket: 1000 HUF
- Validity period
- Students: school year
- Employees: till the end of legal status
- Other free user: one year
- External students: one year
- External users (any Hungarian citizen over the age of 18): one year
- Discount user: one year
- Daily ticket: one day
- Registration documents
- Students: school year identity card, student card, passport, driving licence, address card
- Employees: university entry card
- Other free user: identity card or driving licence, address card, or documents to show you're entitled to the free using
- External students: identity card or driving licence or passport, address card, student card
- External users (any Hungarian citizen over the age of 18): identity card or driving licence or passport, address card
- Discount user: identity card or driving licence, address card, or documents to show you're entitled to the discount
- Daily ticket: identity card
- Fine Amount Per Day Per Book : 50 HUF/day/book
- For night loan: 500 HUF/hour
- New library card (in case of loss): 500 HUF
- Black and white printing and photocopy: 40 HUF/page
- use of reading-rooms and computers in INFOLABOR
- borrowing of documents determined in regulations,
- use of online databases via Internet,
- printing, making photocopy of determined documents (for payment), scanning
- inter-library loaning
- Academic Search Complete is the world's most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. (Click on EBSCOhost Research Databases then select the database!)
- Akadémiai folyóiratgyűjtemény (journal package) - Akadémiai Kiadó, founded in 1828, is a leading STM publisher of Central-Europe. They offer a wide range of high-quality, peer-reviewed journals.
- ProQuest Central – There are available thousands of journals, daily newspapers, working papers, doctoral dissertations, and other documents from the 1970s to the present in this full-text multidisciplinary database.
- SpringerLink is the world's most comprehensive online collection of scientific, technological and medical journals, books and reference works.
- Web of Science is a bibliographic database. With the Web of Science platform, you can access an unrivalled breadth of world-class research literature linked to a rigorously selected core of journals and uniquely discover new information through meticulously captured metadata and citation connections.
- ScienceDirect is Elsevier’s leading platform of peer-reviewed scholarly literature. ScienceDirect combines authoritative, full-text scientific, technical and health publications with smart, intuitive functionality so that users can stay informed in their fields and can work more effectively and efficiently.
- Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings
- SportDiscus with Full Text is the world's most comprehensive source of full text for sports and sports medicine journals, providing full text for 550 journals indexed in SPORTDiscus. This authoritative file contains full text for many of the most used journals in the SPORTDiscus index - with no embargo. (Click on EBSCOhost Research Databases then select the database!)
Free online databases:
- DART-Europe is a partnership of research libraries and library consortia who are working together to improve global access to European research theses.
- DOAJ is a community-curated online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals.
- PubMed comprises more than 27 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
- SURF Contains SPOLIT (publications), SPOFOR (projects), SPOMEDIA (audio-visual media) and the “Fachinfoführer Sport” (internet resources). In addition, you can search other external data collections at the same time to complete your results list.
If you have a library card, we offer you several ebooks about sport sciences, for example sports medicine, biomechanics or sport recreatio. Click here for the complete Proquest list. Registration is needed for ProQuest from outside of Campus.
- Sport site of the European Union
- International Olympic Committee
- Olympic Museum (Lausanne)
- Zentralbibliothek der Deutschen Sporthochschule (Köln)
- Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC)
- Bundesinstitut für Sportwissenschaft
- International Association for Sports Information