Dr. Laszlo Nemeth has coached Premier Division basketball teams in five different countries - winning national titles in four - and coached three different Senior Men National Teams around the globe (Kuwait Iceland and England/Great Britain).
He was involved in Olympic Games, Asian Games, Universiade, Games of Small Nations, Pan Arab Championships, European and World Championships, Gulf Championships, Scandinavian Championship. He brings a wealth of experience from the competitive end of sport. Laszlo has been Head Coach at Eurocamp since he opened in 1998.
Laszlo is the author of the book Basketball published by Crowood press in the skills of the games series. He runs coach education courses for National Governing Bodies around the world. He had 10 year spell as a senior lecturer for performance and excellence coaching at UCLAN and University of Chichester.
Deputy course leader
Peter Hegedus is a young basketball coach who gained experience coaching in Hungary’s Premier division.
1. Program objectives
- The four-semester master’s program in basketball coaching provides knowledge and essential skills in the key areas of modern-age advanced level coaching in basketball.
- This coaching qualification will provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to work in participation and performance / excellence coaching settings. You will examine in depth general principles of play and complex team strategies in addition to acquiring knowledge of sound physical preparation and skill acquisition for the sport.
- The course will also give you an understanding of the effective characteristics of various basketball organizations and allow you to develop your own coaching philosophy. You will have the opportunity to develop and critique your own training programs, your coaching and learning approaches, and your use of psychological principles.
- This study aims for students to develop and apply their knowledge from basic level to the performance and excellence coaching environment. It aims to examine the development of training programs and the use of practice structures. The course also aims to develop students’ practical skills in coaching their peers, their ability to apply psychological principles to the coaching environment and to critically evaluate their effectiveness.
2. Duration and credits
Four semesters, 12O credits.
3. Tution fee, application fee
The tuition fee is 3000 EUR per semester, the application fee is 150 EUR.
4. Application requirements
- Certificate of secondary education and a college degree are required (in study areas certain pre-requisites are apply)
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of basketball (rules, technical/tactical basic knowledge,international competiton systems)
- 3-5 years of performance-oriented experience in basketball (proof of attainment from national sport federation required)
- Proficiency level of English language: applicants’ language skills are tested online based on preset standards
- Based on the educational standards, there are 5x10 credits pre-requisites in main scientific areas (health sciences, pedagogy and psychology, social sciences, management sciences and sport sciences). Those who lack any of the above, during the first year of the master studies additional free courses will be offered in order to obtain the necessary pre-requisites’ credits.
Participation in national and international level sport competitions is an advantage (please submit proofs of attainment).
5. Application procedure
- Online submission of the required and additional documents
- Submitting a short video of basketball performance / some technical elements upon request (please consult the given sport area specifications on the website)
- Online interview
- For application visit tf.hu/sport-coaching
About the program | Application
The Hungarian University of Sports Science (HUSS) is happy to welcome you on the official page for the BA and MSc Sport Coaching programs. By completing the application form our system will show us your interest in any of the programs mentioned above. We inform you that the first round application deadline is open until the 30th of June 2022 (if necessary second round application will be opened as well. Information regarding second deadline will be communicated later).
Looking forward to meeting you in our online entrance examination session.
The co-ordinating team of Coaching Programs
(registration period ended)
Application Part 2
A) Application fee payment procedure
- Based on the personal information you have provided us, the Hungarian University of Sports Science will send you an e-mail message containing a Proforma Invoice about the 150 EUR application fee.
- We also inform you that the bank fee that can be linked to the amount to be paid is also borne by the applicant.
- Please indicate in the NOTICE BOX the REFERENCE NUMBER of the received PROFORMA INVOICE and YOUR NAME.
B) After full application
- After the successful completion of Part 1 and 2 the university administrators will conduct a formal evaluation of your application.
- In case of meeting the formal evaluation criteria, you will be invited to take part in the online entrance examination.
Current weekly timetable >>>
- Course period: between 18th of September and 8th of December 2017
- Sightseeing aroung Budapest: 24th of September
- Daylight Saving Time: 29th of October
- 1st lecture day: 24th of September
- Sightseeing: 14th of October (Esztergon, Visegrád, Szentendre)
- Public Holidays: 23rd of October, 1st of November
- Excursion: 29th of October (Hungarian Ranch)
- Excursion: 18th of November (Aggtelek)
- Examination week: from 27th of November to 1st of December
- Graduation Ceremony: 5th of December
Map of the UPE with important places >>>
Orientation for current students
In order to become alumni member, registration is needed. We are looking forward to the application of the candidates, which can be done by filling out the registration form. (In case the embedded form appears in Hungarian, the words and meanings are: *Kötelező = Required / Saját válasz = Your answer / Küldés = Send)
By filling out this form, the registrant agrees that the data provided is registered, managed and used for communication purposes by the Alumni Office of the University of Physical Education. The data will be used in the path tracking system of the University of Physical Education for research and alumni network building purposes. The data can solely be used for the above purposed and can only be used by the University of Physical Education. This data service is voluntary. The registrant is entitled to ask for data correction or deleting the data any time.